MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Progress...


It's taken me over an hour to paint her body before I was satisfied. I had originally gessoed her with the thought in mind that I would sponge watercolor paints on top. Nope. Watercolor paint just faded and looked murky. Ok. Thought process. If watercolors didn't work, acrylic folk art paints would...right? Well, they did, but I still wasn't happy. Thought process. Aha! What if I covered it with sponged Twinkling H2O's? Better. More thought process. If a little H2O was good, how about more? In a different color? Risking making 'mud' (which too many color choices often do), I chose a color called Snap Dragon and eureka! If you enlarge the picture you might be able to see the swirls on her, which were made when I 'drew' on her with art masking fluid before I painted. You can also see the lace bits which I glued on before she was gessoed, so that her body would have some texture. You can also see her face, which I am much happier with. Now it's on to making her tail and her sleeves.

What do you think? Do you like seeing progress pictures, or would you rather wait for a big unveiling? Do you want to read about the techniques I use? Then again, asking questions assumes that anybody even READS this. Hmm, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.