Today I thought you might like to see a project that I did for the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine, winter issue. For some time I have had visions of a crazy quilted santa claus dancing about in my head and I finally acted upon it and this is the result...
His beard and his hat were done with crazy quilting and the face was appliqued using an image I found online.
Hopefully you can see more of the details in the closeup. I think you can likely click on the pictures to embiggen them more.
The pattern and instructions are available in the Winter 2016 issue of the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine which you can find HERE.
And now, for your current dose of mumblings...
- There are lots (and lots!) of small free cross stitch patterns HERE. Be sure to scroll down to the very bottom of the page where you'll find a list of what she has available. Better pour a cuppa before you go though!
- If you're looking for an easy scarf pattern (and one that would work up fairly quickly) how about THIS? I love the thought of using some of the beautiful variegated yarns that are available now.
- HERE's another cute stash-busting project that would be wonderful for teenagers or if you want something a little more classic how about THIS one?
- if you happen to be gifting a bottle of any sort at Christmas, how about adding a cute little topper from the pattern found HERE? They'd also make cute tree ornaments!
- This site isn't in English ( there's a translate feature) but truthfully you don't need it - the pictures are gorgeous and the step by step instructions are easy to follow. So if you'd like to learn about making silk ribbon flowers, have a look HERE.
Today your quote is from Ediwn Osgood Grover...."Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows; who shares his joys with those who are sad; whose hand is never closed against the needy; whose arm is ever outstretched to aid the weak; whose sympathy is quick and genuine in time of trouble; who recognizes a comrade and brother in every man he meets upon life's common road; who lives his life throughout the entire year in the Christmas spirit"
Would that we could all be like Santa Claus.