MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Nightime flower

I'm not quite sure how clear this image is because I had to take it at night. These flowers, which we call Moonflowers, only come out at night. They are such fun to watch! If you are patient enough (and don't mind getting eaten by mosquitoes) you can see them open. First they start to quiver a little bit and then, over a period of about 20 minutes, they open up. Last year our plants bloomed pretty much the entire summer, each and every night. Their only draw-back is that when they come up in the spring they look just like dandelions and you are very tempted to haul them out. We have even had visitors make the move to pull them for us, thinking they were weeds. Gives them a real start when they get yelled at!

Still working on my doll. Yesterday I re-did her head because I didn't like the one that came with the pattern. Poor thing got beheaded! She has boobs now, because I didn't like the original chest. Now I have to muster my courage up to start painting her face...I can NEVER get both eyes to look the same. I will post pictures when I get something worth looking at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.