Today I'm afraid I don't have any photos of progress on anything creative. The barn quilt is *almost* done so I'll wait to show you that. Instead, how about the view from our balcony?
This was taken yesterday - dark clouds and a little bit of sun shining on the trees beside the river. Looks rather chilly (speaking of which, a few minutes ago we were getting a rain/snow mix....yuck, yuck, AND yuck!!).
Just got back from taking our car in for some repairs. Apparently the 'differential is leaking' and something else is seized up in the back end. Makes me wonder if she's menopausal?
- There's a really cool (and free) block of the month quilt pattern beginning HERE. Gorgeous colors!
- I will be making one of THESE I think. Now that I've rejoined the local quilt guild I have to tote along a mug if I want to have a cuppa at break time. This tote will be a perfect way to carry it (and...how about making a few as gifts as well?)
- If you are creating hand knitted items for Christmas gifts, perhaps adding one of THESE free printable labels might be a nice touch. She also has done one for crocheted items HERE.
- The original of THIS was made in a candy corn colourway but it would look wonderful in Christmas colours as well.
- Some fun ideas to fill clear glass Christmas ornaments can be found HERE.
- THIS ornament made me smile and maybe you will too.
Your quote is another from an anonymous source: "A lot of walking away will do your life good. Walk away from arguments that lead you to anger and nowhere. Walk away from people who deliberately put you down. Walk away from the practice of pleasing people who choose to never see your worth. Walk away from any thought that undermines your peace of mind. Walk away from judgmental people, they do not know the struggle you are facing and what you have been through. Walk away from your mistakes and fears, they do not determine your fate. The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the healthier your life will be.