I know I said I was taking some time off and I will be....but....thought I should mention a new class that Karen Ruane is offering that might just be valuable for some of you (and I guarantee it will be a fun class because Karen's always are!). Go HERE to find out more.
Monday, March 01, 2021
First of all, the landscape I've been working on still isn't ready to be shown so instead I thought I'd show you the beginnings of a new project....It's a terrible photo I know...but....this pile of 'stuff' consists of two well-loved onesies belonging to our two littlest grandsons and there's two different pieces of Minky fur behind. Two teddy bears have been requested so Grandma can't possibly say no! I'm going to try to just use the onesies for the body of the bears and then create the head and 'hands' from the Minky. Fingers crossed it works!
👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀
And....I wanted to let you know that I might be MIA for a couple of weeks or so and my blogging presence both here and visiting with you all will probably be sparse. I will be having cataract surgery on both eyes and don't know what to expect as far as the healing process is concerned. Bottom line is that I'm very much looking forward to being able to see!! Please play nicely amongst yourselves and I'll be back as soon as I can.
👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀
- THIS might take a moment to fully load but they're fun!
- And THESE are amazing (another one that takes a minute to load)
- There are some interesting art pieces HERE.
- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS artist!
Today's quote..."This woman has fought a thousand battles, and is still standing; has cried a thousand tears, and is still smiling; has been broken, betrayed, abandoned, rejected, but she still walks proud, laughs loud, lives without fear, loves without doubt. This woman is beautiful. This woman is humble. This woman is you"
Friday, February 26, 2021
Yes, I still have nothing of interest to show you. As you can see from the photos below there are things happening (the mess will attest to that!) but absolutely nothing is ready for you to see. I never did claim to be neat when I'm in the throes of creating despite my continual vows to clean up after myself. Behold - the mess thinly disguised as creativity here at Chez Magpie...
- I think THESE are rather nice - and would make great gifts!
- Pam Kellogg has just released the first part of Band 7 of her free Never Ending Sampler and you can find that HERE.
- Have a look through the portfolios of THIS artist - I like how she combines photographs with fibre.
- Pour yourself a cuppa and prepare to get lost in the wonderful galleries to be found HERE!
Today's quote is from Albert Einsein..."If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Yep. There's nothing to see here.
Even I'm bored with me.
Can't show you a picture of the landscape (it's at THAT stage where it's not dressed for company).
Can't show you a picture of my messy studio (it's at THAT stage where it's not dressed for company either).
Can't show you a picture of the socks I finished knitting last night (well, I COULD, but they look the same as every other pair of socks I've knitted. Yawn).
Can't show you a picture of the pre-op covid test I had this morning (definitely NOT interesting!).
- Have a look through the gallery of THIS prolific needle artist!
- There's a fun new block-of-the-month project starting HERE that you might like to play along with
- THIS link takes you to a PDF file with some really nice ideas for DIY studio organization and storage.
- If you're interested in the zodiac then perhaps you might find THESE patterns of interest.
- THIS project has possibilities - all sorts of things could be embedded!
Today's quote (a fitting end to this post!)..."Running through things because you are familiar with them, breeds routine and this is the seed of boredom" - James Galway
Monday, February 22, 2021
I'm not sure that you can see much change on this landscape but most of it has been quilted now and some of the detail stitching on the school has happened. This week I will start the embroidery in the foreground and this particular piece will have a lot of it - or at least such is the plan.
The mailman has been rather nice and brought me two nice additions to my stash...
Some new yarn colors to add to my mile-a-minute afghan I'm crocheting and some of these little clips that I've had on my wish list for quite awhile.
- Have a look at the art found HERE (thank you Penny for the head's up on this one....and Penny is one of those amazing artists!).
- And HERE is another great artist (click on her 'gallery' button and have fun exploring).
- THIS pinterest board features all sorts of ideas for repurposing old books. I especially like the one at the top of the page
- Have a look through the gallery of THIS amazing embroidery artist!
Today's quote.. "Remember when people had diaries and got mad when someone read them? Now they put everything online and get mad when people don't"
Friday, February 19, 2021
Yes, the excitement here at Chez Magpie can be just overwhelming. Case in point? See this?....
Take the lid off the homemade kefir jar and you'd better be ready to run before it takes over your life! An experiment in cheese-making is now underway. Yep, the excitement knows no bounds.
- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS amazing quilt artist! How I wish I could be a little fly on HER wall and watch her at work!
- If you like making plushies for your kids or grandkids, there might be something HERE that would catch your eye.
- It seems like bath bombs are all the current rage so maybe you might find THESE interesting.
- Have a look at THESE! (takes a second to load)
Today's quote is from Martin Luther King.."If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward"
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
You know? THAT day in December??? Well, here's some additions to 'The Box' - three pairs are heading there once they've received their non-slip bottom anointing and the other pair is being gifted now due to the untimely appearance of holes in a currently loved pair.
The two pairs in the front fit a size 13 man, the orange pair fits a size 10-11 woman, and the purple would fit a size 7 ladies foot.
There's been more progress on the new landscape and it's starting to look a little better (at least IMHO anyway!)...
- Those of you who like Halloween projects might find THIS BOM of interest!
- And THIS project uses old tshirts to create.
- Have a peek through the works of THIS artist!
- THIS is a nice pattern for a pocket shawl which seem to be all the rage at the moment.