Yesterday I finished the flimsy....
OH wait! No I didn't! I discovered I have JUST enough of the pretty green fabric I used for the little squares to make a 3" border around the outside. It's like the galloping ick - it just keeps growing and growing! This will be it though because if it gets any larger it will be entirely too unwieldy to attempt to quilt...
And this is the hunk of fabric I plan to use on the back, provided my stash yields some more fabric to cobble it up to the same size as the front. I bought this piece of fabric a few years ago and have NO clue whatever possessed me. I don't even like pink! It's textured too (ruffled here and there) and so won't be something that could be quilted on a longarm machine. 'Course it might not be quiltable at home either!!! Methinks I might have to hand quilt this beast and therein lies the next problem. Hmmm.....wonder if I could try quilting it with crochet cotton....I have lots of that.....The green you see in the photo will be the additional border I plan to add to the front. I have JUST enough of it to go around I think ((fingers crossed!!)
- There's an excellent article HERE about sewing needles (and a cautionary tale at the end of the post that's well worth paying attention to!).
- Many of you are familiar with Jenny of Elefantz and her delightful patterns and designs (as well as a beautiful blogger too) and will be interested to know that she has a new (free!) digital magazine that is sure to delight. Have a look HERE to download your free 'The Homemaker's Heart' issue!
- It sure didn't take long for a pattern to surface for 'The Mittens' Bernie Sanders wore at the inauguration! It can be found HERE. I'll bet he didn't know he would become a fashion icon! And there's another one HERE.
- THIS is a really cute pattern you might like to make for the dinosaur lover you know.
- I think THIS is rather cool! Be sure to scroll down to see it light up.
Today's quote..."To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care"