Our local quilt guild, well over 100 members strong, is having a long-awaited covid-delayed quilt show the end of next month. That, in itself, isn't remarkable because they have one every couple of years...but....it seems I have been conscripted to be the 'Featured Quilter' at the show. I'm pretty sure they were desperate to have asked me, but I'm honoured anyway. Having said that, I have no clue what it entails. I was approached by a member who was 'feeling me out' to see if I would agree and I said I would be willing but I wanted more information. Well, it seems that it's a done deal because it's been announced in their newsletter. I'm still no wiser what I have to do but have to assume someone will tell me sometime between now and then.
That, on top of being asked to do a trunk show and teach a workshop in January, is a little bit stressful. As I said, I think they must be desperate!! Maybe the fact that I haven't attended any of the meetings this year has led to absence making the heart grow fonder?
I'm currently working on prototypes for the workshop and have decided I can use a simplified version of the barn image from my previous landscape I showed you as the 'base' for the class. To that end I've started creating four examples - one for each 'season'. You can see the beginnings in this photo...
These are not nearly as large as my
normal landscapes (which I know is
hard to tell from the photo)
- THIS link takes you to a PDF pattern for a handy crochet hook caddy. I've done these in a smaller size for holding sewing needles.
- If we were allowed to hang a wreath on our door I think I'd like THIS one. Dollar store supplies would make it really affordable to create.
- It could be because I've been having a tearin' good time with fabrics (see above) over the past while, but THIS caught my eye.
- THIS article caught my eye and I'll have to remember it in case I ever get any flowers!
- There are lots of free designs HERE (better pour yourself a cuppa!)
The quote for today..."We are like books, most people only see our cover, the minority read only the introduction, many people believe the critics. Few will know our content"