I have finished the quiet book! It took some thought to figure out how I was going to put it together but eventually I settled upon making a 'hinge' of sorts for the spine. I cut 3 3/4" strips of fabric the length of the pages, folded them in half, and sewed them to the sides of pairs of pages. Then I put two 'pairs' together, wrong sides together, and basted around the outside. Then I cut my own double fold bias tape using fun fabrics to bind the pages. I made the cover 'spine' a bit wider in order to accommodate the inside pages. Then I used some of my 'fancy' stitches on my machine to topstitch the bias tape. Added handles to the sides of the cover pages for easy carrying. I ended up with three 'signatures' and the outside cover. I marked the center of the spine for each pair of pages for a guide for sewing, along with marking three guidelines on the inside spine of the cover. Pinned each signature in place along the guidelines and stitched in place. Tah dah.....
And just a little reminder....if you'd like.... please join me
in my efforts to downsize throughout January.
I'll be posting my results and would love it if
you would join in!
And here is another fun thing you might like to do in 2020....get an empty jar and at the end of each week add a note with a good thing that happened. On New Year's Eve 2021, open the jar and read about the great 2020 you had!
Today's quote..."My new year's resolution is to stop procrastinating. I am not starting until next week though"