MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Seagulls and mumblings

Over the weekend I completed another little area on my summer pillow cover.  See?...


In case you are wondering - the perspective is 'off' between the sandcastle and the seagulls on purpose.  I'm hoping to give a sense of depth to the scene by changing the scale of the gulls to appear in the foreground.  At least such is the plan!


I will leave you with another poem, written by my mother, circa 1970....

When April ends the winter
With the snow banks high and long
There's nothing more encouraging
Than the lilting robin song

I certainly thought of this one when we awoke to all that snow this morning - and apparently more to come.


9 comments:

  1. You have truly gotten the perspective of being close with the Seagulls and seeing the sandcastle further in the background. Looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely poem... it speaks perfectly of this time of year...
    I like your summer stitchery - and the way you are creating perspective and depth is perfect. Looking at it makes me long for the beach, warm sand, glittering water and pail and shovel of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your Summer cover is progressing Mary Anne! Thank you for the lovely links too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links...thanks.
    The gulls are cool, but that sandcastle really grabs my attention. Love it!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother's poem was quite appropriate. Very true, we have the robin's coming through here by the hundreds. We are on a migratory path and can tell how long along till spring and how far we are into it by what birds are coming through. Its interesting to say the least. I loved the little suitcase, at one time when I was sewing Tilda doll that would have been on my list of to does. I saw Sam's post and really admire this lady's photography. What an eye and heart she had. Have a great day. Thanks for the links.
    Blessings
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got the snow, too. What's happened to spring?
    Thanks for the links. I like your summer pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking good. I love the sandcastle. I did an altered Altoids tin for a mixed media group I used to belong to. I made a sort of small picture books that folded out from the tin. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain with the snow. Here in my little corner of Connecticut we had snow and ice yesterday. It was 17 degrees when I got up this morning. What an April Fools joke this felt like. On the upside, as I drove to my store I saw a pair of robins, red against the snow. It lifted my haert. I love the sandcastle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.