MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Ten pounds lighter!

Aha - and I'll just bet you're dying to know my secret aren't you?  I'm happy to share my diet with you, because it's painless and it really does work.  Don't we all like that sort of diet?  There's a minimal amount of exercise involved with this one too, so that makes it even better.  Right??

And....here's a little bit of progress on my pillow cover...


I know this is a very odd angle to be taking a photo, but I wanted to share with you how I made the vine.  First I drew the outline onto my fabric (white gel pen worked well for this).  Then I used pearl cotton and a running chain stitch to embroider the design.  I wanted the vine to appear thicker than just the chain stitch so I found some crochet thread in my stash and used that to whip the chain stitches, adding an element of depth to the design.  Now I will add some flowers and I'll show you that next time.

Now back to the diet!
(There are a number of steps you have to go through)...

1.  Get up from your chair.
2. Walk into the bedroom.
3. Open closet door (you can repeat this step up to five times)
4.  Bend over and touch your toes
Or...if unable to reach them...
bend down as far as you can.
5.  Pick up a large plastic tote.
6. Tug and pull (good for the abs)
until tote is free of closet.
7.  You may, or may not, need to rest before
proceeding.
8.  Pick up tote and return to sewing room.
9.  Dump tote (and the yarn it contains) onto floor.
10.  From a seated position, bend down and pick
up a ball of yarn.
11. Place yarn into one of two piles labeled 
'Keep' and 'Discard'
12.  Repeat as often as necessary.
13.  Reverse above steps to return 'keep' pile to
closet.
14. Discard remaining,  using method of your choice.
(see?  I told you - 10 lbs - it's a cinch!)

Now, there, wasn't that easy?

Instead of a quote, how about this...








13 comments:

  1. What an excellent weight loss plan. I've tried Tweety's often but your first plan is neater.

    The vine looks good. Whipping the Chain stitch is something I do often and agree it becomes thicker and can even tidy up uneven chains.(ask me -I know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have a very unique method of losing 10 pounds. I need to follow your advice and lose 10 pounds every day. Love your 3D vine. The seashells look wonderful. Happy Weekend Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh...brightened my afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha...ha.....Love the green vine - looks great thicker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vine Mary Anne and thank you for the great exercising tips! I shall be using them very soon! Have a great weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So let me get this straight, is that 5lbs. for me and 5lbs for the stash? Or... never mind You don't even have to answer, I'll take that.
    How about this one, will it work with fabric I'm dragging in instead of out? A friend's mother passed and I was blessed with some of her scraps. I'm mean that's gotta be worth a pound or two, right? Ok, that's 5 seconds of silence. So that's a yes.
    You made my day. 8-)
    Hugs
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Great diet plan. Love the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be hard for me to make a discard yarn pile...unless I took it to the senior citizen center where they make great things to give away.

    Thanks for the links!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol - I guess 'discard' was the wrong word - I am definitely recycling the yarn. It's going to the local thrift store :')

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, yes that is such a great thing to do, getting rid of things that no longer have a function for you. I did that too and it is such a relief. Love how you did the vine, clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I don't have any balls of wool, or yarn come to think of it... Drat I liked the sound of that diet!!
    Wanna chocolate???!!!
    I am loving your comments on our virtual travel tour and tomorrow we will have our own special way of losing weight, we will squeeze ourselves into a wet suit and zip it up, the best tummy tuck method out there!
    Will be back in the morning to catch up on the previous posts :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I don't have any balls of wool, or yarn come to think of it... Drat I liked the sound of that diet!!
    Wanna chocolate???!!!
    I am loving your comments on our virtual travel tour and next we will have our own special way of losing weight, we will squeeze ourselves into a wet suit and zip it up, the best tummy tuck method out there!
    Will be back soon to catch up on the previous posts :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your way of 'dieting' brought a grin to my face! Good one :) Of course with such a title, one (meaning me) had to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.