MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 15, 2016

A little bit more

Today there was a couple more areas completed on my pillow...




I wanted to include the word 'summer' somewhere, and after much thought over both using the word and also trying to fill that space to the left of the beach sign, I decided that maybe a heart might just be the answer.  I love summer the bestest - so a heart seemed fitting.  Ribbon roses, gold metallic thread and a teeny little butterfly button completed the section.  

That left a little bit of 'grass' so I added the star-shaped sequins topped with black star beads on the seam and then the butterfly charm and his flight path was added.

There's a sweet little crocheted doll pattern available on THIS site, and if you would like to check out a fun Mandala Madness Mystery Crochet-a-Long that's happening go HERE.  I found this one via Cyra of Free-Form-Stitching and you can see her project so far by going HERE.  Sure wish I had time in my schedule to be able to play along with this one!

Elizabeth of Sew In Love has written a very thought-provoking post about manners in blogging.  It's well worth reading and being reminded that we should always strive to be kind.  You can read that HERE.  

Further on what Elizabeth has said, perhaps this quote would be fitting to share today.... "We cannot control the tongues of other people, but we can watch our own"  and there's also this one:  "To rule one's self is the first duty of every man"





9 comments:

  1. Mary Anne I adore every tiny element you add to your amazing Summer pillow. Summer is also my favorite season. Summer Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite exciting seeing it grow! The heart is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rose heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OmGosh, the heart is sweetly placed. lovely.
    Happy Weekend.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new elements you have added Mary Anne! I am really looking forward to seeing this all finished and on your sofa! It is going to look fabulous! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Gosh!! This is going to be outstanding!! All that creative embroidery--,this may be your best and most beautiful masterpiece yet! I can hardly wait to see it when all the stitching is completed!!

    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love summer the bestest too, I knew we were on the same page! So gorgeous all your intricate work, you must have fantastic eyes to work with such detail :)
    I have been chuckling all day about your comment along the lines of "enough of the bread and cheese, where's the wine?" So tomorrow you will get wine!!
    Happy days!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer love! perfect. I like the butterfly and stars too.
    Have I mentioned your little fence and flowers catch my eye each time I view new additions around that area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have fallen SO far behind in reading my favorite blogs. I thoroughly enjoyed sipping my coffee and reading back through your posts to see what you have been up to. I have to admit that I am absolutely in love with your summer pillow cover. The lighthouse is amazing. I LOVE the white fence with the little pink flowers growing beneath it. The beach sign is fabulous. The gulls are so much fun. And the flowers that you extended down to the bottom of the fabric are wonderful. This is such a gorgeous piece of art. Beautiful work! I'll be back to just admire it again soon, I am sure! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.