MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blue skies, smiling on me

There has been a little more progress on the pillow cover.  What you see in the photo today isn't complete, because I've added to it since I took the picture.


Here's another of the poems found in my mother's things (this one attributed to Mary Eversley).....

THOSE WHO LOVE LIFE
Those who love gardens seem to have
Such simple needs -
Good earth, fair wind, and sun and rain
Tools, plants and seeds.

Those who love houses seem to find
The joy that springs
From chintz, and oak, and pots and pans
And homely things.

Those who love life need only ask
The sky above,
A roof, a bed and daily bread,
And lasting love.


6 comments:

  1. Love the sky seams. Clever tongue-twister poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work, I wanna be like you when I grow up. 8-) I remember the boats but not the sunrise. I must be losing it. I can hardly wait to see the whole pillow again.
    I did go and order the printed edition of 2016 Spring magazine. That will keep me busy till the next one comes out and then some.
    Blessings and hugs
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue sky is becoming radiant with your stitchings. You really have a treasure trove of poems and I am happy you are sharing them with us. Spring Sunshine Smiles Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress, I see it is summer themed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is always better with blue skies! Your boat is great too!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sky is looking fabulous Mary Anne and I am looking forward to seeing what else you have added! Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.