MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

More 'Grandma-Makes'

I thought I'd play with making a couple of baby things today and these are what I came up with...


It's a nice warm baby blanket,
all cuddly and soft.
Made from a piece of minky and a 
piece of flannelette.  
Pretty simple!


And even simpler -
two 10" squares of leftover flannelette
and some ribbons from my stash.
Makes a little toy for a baby.
Easy peasy!

Your quote for today... "There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say, as long as you don't insist on saying it"  (found in my mother's collection).


7 comments:

  1. Grandma has been busy! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it lovely being a grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby makes Mary Anne and what a great saying.... sound advice! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea, and I think being a grandma is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cosy blanket and the ribbons on the smaller mat is so good. I may steal you idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a very happy grandbaby! Such lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had a new baby girl arrive in our family today....I am positively broody!! (don't tell the other half)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.