MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reporting again...




Today I've had more time to play on my wallhanging. One of the pictures (click on it to enlarge) shows a rose (to the left of the appliqued ribbon) which I did using one strand of sewing thread and stem stitch. There's even a droplet of dew!
The other picture shows a close-up (in the middle) of another area I did today. The idea for this came from an article in the CQNewsletter  and is a pattern created by Shirlee Fassell. The flowers are assorted pink beads and the leaves, etc. are a combination of stem stitch using fine pearl cotton and a semi-long & short stitch using embroidery floss. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.