MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Book review


I spent the day replacing the lining in a jean jacket, which really isn't all that exciting to show a picture of, so....another book review!
This is a book I took out of the library at least half a dozen times and then decided that I might as well have my own copy (before I wore theirs out). It covers in detail many different techniques useful whether you are interested in paper arts, handmade books, scrapbooking or collage. To quote from the back jacket of the book: "Pockets, Pullouts and Hiding Places shows you how to create 27 three-dimensional and interactive paper tools that are useful and visually appealing additions to all types of artwork, from books and art journals to greeting cards and scrapbook pages. These pockets, pullouts and hiding places can be used to conceal personal journaling, handwritten notes, a collection of quotes, special photographs, and all types of ephemera and memorabilia." I love this book!!
Stats: Pockets, Pullouts, and Hiding Places - by Jenn Mason - published by Quarry Books - c2005 - ISBN: 1-59253-150-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.