MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Progress and my best helper




I'm not sure in which order these pictures will show on your screen, but here goes. One picture shows a large-ish pink ribbon flower and to the right of that a clump of flower and leaf shaped sequins held on with pearl and silver beads. I'm still working on that part.
Another picture shows two more areas I worked on today. The top flower clump is done with french knotted silk ribbon and stem stitch. Below that is a three-some of lace flowers held down with pearl beads. The flowers originated in a piece of trim I had.
The last picture of my work shows a nosegay made from tiny ribbon roses, and various threads in both french knots and fly stitches. I used sewing thread again for most of the fly stitches.
And last, but certainly not least, is my kitty companion...Cosmo. He watches me quite closely to make certain I'm doing it right!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.