MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ATC swap

Today we had our monthly CQTeers meeting and now I can show the two atcs I made. The fish one is a piece of the material I used in my sewing case, along with some fish beads I had in my stash. I used Glossy Accents by Ranger to highlight the bubbles. The other one I made is the 'Bailey's Good or Baad?' one..all from recyled candy wrappers. The cool butterfly one is what Irene gave me in the swap.


We did the Valentine atc as a learning technique today, which was a lot of fun. The heart itself is done in thread embroidery on paper, with an embossed flower in the centre. I've always wanted to know how to use those pretty brass templates from the dollar store! We used a punch to do the nice edging and then applied glitter. Pretty isn't it!










1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.