MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Frying eggs and sidewalks



Yep, today is hot enough you could fry an egg on the sidewalk! It's over 100 degrees Fahrenheit right now and the air is so thick it is hard to breathe. I feel so sorry for anyone who has to work outside or has asthama. Fortunately our family reunion was yesterday when it wasn't quite so hot. We would have had to call it off had it been today because we simply can't fit forty people into our house at one time.

Today I have two more pictures. One shows the area beside the garage looking out at the vegetable garden through the arbour covered in englemans (sp?) ivy which is now starting to grow along under the eaves. Two of our four rain barrels are in the left corner.

The CQ piece is one of the first round robin exchanges I took part in and is considerably smaller than some of the others. I will have to enlarge it somehow so it will fit in my quilt. I bought a book some time ago called 'Twist 'n Turn' (by Sharyn Squier Craig) hoping that her method of making odd-sized blocks even and blending them in would work for my situation. Somehow I foresee this quilt taking at least five more years to complete! I've also been toying with the idea of embroidering (or writing with a permanent pen) the names of the people who worked on each block on the back of the quilt. Or maybe around the edges of each block on the front? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.