MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More studio

This picture shows the 'cat chair', where Whiffet spends a lot of her time...of course she was no-where in sight when I wanted to take the picture! Imagine a rather rotund multi-coloured cat sleeping on the green towel. The cabinet to the left of the chair has an ironing pad on top, which is really handy when I only want to press a little item. The drawers hold my office supplies and some miscellaneous sewing supplies. The table to the extreme left is my work table (actually an old door mounted on legs). The large green garbage bags beneath it are holding my supplies of fake furs for bear making (or whatever). I really need to invest in some proper containers! I won't mention that I have nine very large Rubbermaid containers in the adjacent furnace room, which are also full of crafting supplies - along with two filing cabinets full of stuff too! Hmmm....methinks I just have too much STUFF!

My friend and I have declared a six month abstinence from buying any sort of crafting supplies or books and to concentrate on simply using up whatever we already have in our stash. Good, don't you think? It's a way to save money and reduce the inventory. Between the two of us I'm pretty sure we could open a store with all the 'stuff' we have. I'll let you know how it went at the end of the six months.

Tomorrow we have to move our youngest son and his girlfriend, so there might not be a post. Depends on how much time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.