MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 30, 2024

I don't suppose

 I doubt this looks much different to the casual glance but it's mostly all been quilted now.  Next comes the embroidery!

 Perhaps clicking on the photo beneath might show you a little more of the detail...


- THESE are really pretty - for decor or for use as coasters.

- There are tons of free knitting patterns HERE.

- THIS intrigued me IF I were a paper crafter.

- Using scraps to make THIS would be fun (scroll down to see the final project)

- THIS is a lovely project for fall!




11 comments:

  1. How come the quilting precedes embroidery? For some reason I thought quilting was the last step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're doing sane quilts, yes the quilting is the last step. For landscapes, quilting comes before the embroidery - otherwise you would be trying to machine quilt over top of the embroidery which would flatten the stithces.

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank you. I thought you hand quilted, but I see the presser foot would squash down the embroidery.

      Delete
  2. The wavy sky is beautiful. I like the autumn vibe.
    The knit beanie is a treasure pattern! It looks so easy I might even finish make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's autumn so I thought I'd go with it.

      Delete
  3. I love your wavey sky lines--they really add so much texture--great work on this--I am looking forward to seeing your embroidery on it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose - I'm working on the embroidery part of it now, so we'll see what happens.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Sherry of createology: You are correct that I couldn’t see the quilting until I enlarged the photo. Your wavy lines really add to the sky. Happy Autumn My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the photo enlarged so you could see the detail. I'm never sure if it will work out that way.

      Delete
  5. So much detail. I love the wavy quilting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wavy means I don't have to be exact...lol.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.