MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 27, 2024

There has been a step back and two steps forward

 I took the rippit tool to the landscape because I simply did.not.like.it.  The proportions were all off (at least in my uneducated in art brain) so I lobbed off several rows and now I'm much happier.  I should have taken a 'before it was dressed up' picture with the old tractor but oh well.  Here it is as it is right now with basting stitches ready to start quilting...



- I hate to admit that the much-dreaded stuff that falls from the sky is on the way, but perhaps making THESE would make it more fun.  Or maybe THESE for your fall decor?

- THIS is one of the 'awwww-things'.

- I can't find who to attribute THIS to, but thought it was worth sharing.

- I had a lightbulb moment when I saw THIS - I am making one for myself, for sure.

****************

Prayers for Florida and anyone in the path of Helene

***************

I don't remember where I found this, but it's been waiting in line to be shared...



8 comments:

  1. Making art does involve a lot of decision making, true. Usually for the better. I'm trying to get news of Florida friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right that it does call for lots of decisions and often mine are way out in left field.
      Florida and up the coast are definitely in our thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I like how this came out a lot--those tree leaves are so perfect--and the old tractor is beautifully rendered.....nice work
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm toying with adding fussy cut maple leaves but jury is still out on that.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Sherry of createology: This poem is genius! Prayers for all in the path of Helene. Great ideas…especially the pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tracker, so cool, the autumn tree is beautiful, lovely color of fabric choices, I too will make a pin band for my sewing machine, thank-you for the link.
    Praying for all the people that have and will be affected in the hurricane.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the tractor too - one of my favourite things to create. And yes, a pin band is in my guture too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.