MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Oh oh

 Because I was doing the trunk show on Monday and yesterday was busy too, I don't have any pictures of my 'doings' to show so you know what that means!


- When I came across THIS I immediately thought of Christmas gifts.  Wouldn't it be lovely to give family members your favourite recipes?  I know the internet has everything but not the nostalgia that comes with old family favourites.

- I know THIS would have come in handy a number of times for me.

- I know you can tell my thoughts are turning more and more towards that day in December and THIS might be a great gift for a teen in your life.  And adding one of THESE would make it even better.  There are more ideas HERE.

- THIS caught my eye too.  Perhaps the fun designs could be used in other ways as well.

- I found THIS to be a rather interesting article.

- You might like THIS design for your fall/Halloween decor.

- I haven't shared an 'awwww-thing' for awhile so THIS fits the bill!

Today's quote is from Henry David Thoreau... "Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each"


10 comments:

  1. So nice to hear that you had two trunk showings....what fun!!:)))
    I like that article on DMC threads through the ages [I first thought they meant "how to age"--as in make the thread look older]
    It would be a shame to lose those little black and gold bands--I will start saving them for my journals now--thanks for the info--great as usual...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the DMC article - I thought it was quite interesting.

      Delete
  2. The thread article was carefully researched, and it would be interesting to compare some of the thread I've inherited from old stitchers. The writer could have used spelling help. It's pedal not peddle. The problem is that they're both real words, so you need to know which is which. Spell check won't help if you choose the wrong word, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more example of the difficulties in the English language - so many words that sound the same and yet are spelled differently. It must be a real horror to have to learn it as a second language.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I like that Halloween decor cat in gray tones. The thread article is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something of interest!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the Trunk shows, I do wish I lived close by to see your trunk shows, the DMC article was my favorite thank-you for the links, I did like the jeans bags and such.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be the final trunk show unless another guild comes out of the woodwork. Glad you found the DMC article as interesting as I did.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Sherry of createology: This is a wonderful quote. So many great ideas in your post today. Thank you dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.