MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 16, 2024

Tah and Dah!!!

 The latest landscape is done.  No more stitching wheat, at least not for awhile!


"WITCH HOUSE - 2"
FOR SALE!!!

This is the photo kindly shared by Tracy Baker and used with her permission...



- If you're handy with tools or know someone who is, perhaps you'd like THIS.  I know I would, if only I had the space to put it!

- THIS might be a sweater you'd like to make (great use for scrap yarn!).

- I enjoyed reading THIS (might have to wait a second for it to load properly)

- THESE would be fun for your fall decor.

- You might like to see the items up for sale for the SAQA Benefit Auction and you can go HERE for that.  Takes a minute to load!  THIS explains the auction process.

Today the quote is from Andy Warhol..."Don't think about making art, just get it done.  Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it.  While they are deciding, make more art"


14 comments:

  1. Just lovely clouds in the sky...nice finish on this one...;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose! I felt it needed some trapunto to set off the clouds and I'm happy with how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. Nice work there! And Warhol's words are funny, coming from a person who was a terrific promoter of his own work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Interesting note about Andy Warhol. Afraid I don't know much about him, so must consult with Mr. Google.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love the simplicity vibe created by all that stitching!
    The cutting table link, my eyes glazed over. It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took a long time to do all that stitching but I enjoyed every minute of it.
      And yes, that cutting table is a beauty!

      Delete
  4. Looks fantastic. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine - it was a fun project, for sure.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Sherry of createology: Your Witch’s House is incredible. Your hand embroidered wheat makes the details just perfect. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! It definitely took a lot of hours to add the wheat but I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  6. That is fabulous! I really love the quilting and all that grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sashiko technique took a long time to do, but I suspect I'll do it again because there's tons of patterns out there.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous! Another beautiful interpretation, a true work of art. I especially love the wheat in the foreground and the stuffed clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillayne. I really enjoyed working on this one. I must have because I sure put a lot of hours into it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.