MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 09, 2024

All wheated out

Forty five years ago yesterday Resident Chef made the ultimate sacrifice and married me.  Poor guy had no idea what he was in for!


💖I think I'll keep him.💕

 I am so over stitching wheat!  Mind you, I love the way it looks but man it was time-consuming!!  Now it's on to quilting the sky and then I can call this one pretty much done.




- Because this is a blog filled with randomness, how about playing with THIS idea!  Why should kids have all the fun!

- Some of you might be able to make use of THIS.

- Read about THIS amazing artist and then check his gallery HERE to see some of his incredible creations.

- And have a peek at the work by THIS artist.

- THIS takes you to a pdf for a fun fall project.

Today's quote is from Monika Kristofferson..."If someone doesn't live with you, neither should their stuff"

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Sherry of createology: Happy 45th Anniversary RC and MA! RC looks quite happy. Your wheat embroidery is exquisite! I agree with this quote today. I have enough stuff of mt own!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We went out for a steak supper so it was a lovely day.
      And yes, I have quite enough 'stuff' too!

      Delete
  2. Happy annie, both!! And so true about stuff. That's how clutter happens -- your parents' and kids' stuff mysteriously get into your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We got rid of a ton of 'stuff' when we moved into the apartment and told our kids that if they didn't take what was theirs it would be gone one way or another because we simply didn't have room. Funny thing - they didn't want any of it!

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! I'm loving all the stitching in this piece - you really are skilled at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit I was happy to see the end of wheat by the time I was done.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a beautiful wheat field you've finished!! :))) Amazing stitching!! Happy 45th anniversary to you both;))
    This month we celebrate our 59th...hoping for a nice quiet day and lots of sewing after our nightmare weekend after our latest Covid shot!! Literally sick as dogs!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - on both counts. So sorry the booster laid you low...sometimes the 'cure' can feel as bad as the disease itself.

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary!
    You two make a handsome couple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!!! Love the wheat. It's beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I did the wheat but must say I was happy to call it done.

      Delete
  8. I hope you had a very happy 45th wedding anniversary. RC looks and sounds like a keeper. :) Your wheat embroidery is very pretty. It does look intensive, but very worth it (from my point of view).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki and yes, RC is most definitely a keeper. I don't want to have to train another one!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations you two. Glad you have each other.
    I just finished 2 patchwork pumpkin pillows earlier today. No leaf in that middle. That's unique. Got 2 more to go. Part of last year's seasonal pillow cover gifts started for the girls at Christmas. They wanted a Fall/Halloween to be the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope there will be pictures of the pillows??

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.