MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Done and dusted!

 A week or so ago I showed you the snowman gift bag I crocheted and now I have both the elf and Santa done.  The elf pattern can be found HERE and the Santa is HERE.  I still have to make the pompoms for all of them and have to muster some courage to tackle them.  I don't have a pompom 'maker' so will have to look up how to make my own.










Over the weekend the RC and I made two batches of zucchini relish (if you want the recipe, let me know!) and one batch of plum jam (recipe is inside the box of Certo crystals if you'd like it).  He put the relish in storage already but this is the jam...


- One day I dream of making THIS 

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS amazing artist!

- Never can it be said that this isn't a full service blog as THIS will attest.  

- Perhaps THIS might be fun to try.

This quote is from Mason Cooley..."Reading gives us some place to go when we have to stay where we are"

18 comments:

  1. Sandwiches! What next? I remember Two Fat Ladies making a posh afternoon tea with tiny sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just goes to show you never know what you might find here at Chez Magpie (or what might catch my wandering eye!).

      Delete
  2. Just adorable Elf and Snowman bags--nice work on these--you are a master crocheter;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope the grandies like them - and I doubt I'll be doing any more because working with that heavy yarn is too hard on my hands.

      Delete
  3. The bags are adorable and they're sure to have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping they will become a family heirloom and get passed down to their kids one day.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous. I sorta remember making pompoms with two cardboard circles. Each circle had a hole in the middle. Google and you'll probably find the idea somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I remember doing that too so I know the directions must be out there somewhere.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 of our grandies should like seeing them filled with gifts underneath their tree this year - I hope!

      Delete
  6. Well, those are just too adorable for words! You've certainly been a busy bee, girlfriend! I'm loving your embroidery, too. (You knew I would, right?) Your jam is gorgeous, too!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I must admit I'm getting a tad tired of embroidering wheat though.

      Delete
  7. Very cute bags. Mom used to cut circles with a hole in the center of about an inch. The circles themselves were about 3 inches. She would sandwich two such circles together, with a slit so as to be able to wind the yarn around the circle. Once she figured she had enough wound, she would use the yarn to tie between the circles after cutting the yarn around the outside. Pull apart the circles and then fluff the ball up. Probably did not explain that very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that's the way I remember doing them years ago too. I just haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

      Delete
  8. Those gift bags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the grandies will think they're fun and look forward to them year after year.

      Delete
  9. oooo, that jam would be great on a hot biscuit ooozing melting butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I can attest that it IS great on a biscuit.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.