MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 02, 2024

hmmm -

 I really don't have anything that's worth sharing as far as creating goes.  I finished quilting the landscape and have started the embroidery but it's not far enough along to be of any interest.  And showing you a partially knitted hat is somewhat akin to watching grass grow.    It's seems I'm going to have to resort to mumbling yet again (I know...I'm sorry)

- I found THIS article to be quite interesting.

- You might find something of interest HERE.

- Have a scroll through THESE amazing creations!  And THESE too!

- THESE would make a great gift - easy and quick.

- THIS is a technique I've never seen before.

- Using scraps to make THIS would be fun.

- And THIS would be too.

Today's quote...



8 comments:

  1. I know how much time embroidery takes--I will be setting out on my own stitching journey on my "assemblage" [which is now cut into 3 sections--and how will I join them??? that is the question that I am avoiding right now!!]; I have just the last 3rd to baste into place...
    I will NEVER use an old sheet backing again!! Ugh--slippery, and not stable at all!! Course it's part poly--duh!!!! Well, you keep on learning--mostly the hard way, right? And here i thought I was being so thrifty and smart--NOT!! Hugs;))) Julierose (doing my own mumbling this morning!! hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often use old sheets as 'innards' on my landscapes but I've learned to try to find ones with a high cotton content. Could you maybe find some old cotton and add a secondary back onto your project so it's easier to handle?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Sherry of createology: you really have the most interesting and varied links my friend. I hope you have no frogging on your embroidery. Great quote…I never yell at my flowers because I talk to them very sweetly and encouragingly so they know I truly appreciate them. Last day for triple digits for us…YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the links! And I'm hoping for no frogging too. As for plants, I don't yell at mine either, just at myself when I manage to overwater and have them leaking all over.

      Delete
  3. Mumble all you want, I really enjoy the links you share.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an amazing day, thank-you for sharing the links.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the links. As for an amazing day, it's been stressful around here (my post tomorrow will explain it)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.