MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Yet more looking backwards

Now we will move on to 2008 (I can hear the collective groan from here!!)....








In 2008 Sharon Boggon (formerly of InAMinuteAgo, and currently Pintangle) ran a year long colour challenge.










Each month she would post a colour scheme and we were to create a CQ piece based on those colours.




Some months it was really hard to do because they sometimes were colours that I disliked (or thought I did) or they were colours that I would never have combined.




I set myself an additional challenge and decided I would use a 'silkie' from my collection in each block.

 I managed to complete the challenge and now these blocks (and their companions, which I will show you over the next couple of posts) hang on my studio wall.


Today your quote is from Herm Albright.... "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

5 comments:

  1. That is why challenges are a very good medium to get us out of our comfort zone. Your blocks are lovely. Summer Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful embroidery here MAry Ann.yes it's sometimes good to use colours we wouldn't normally be drawn to.I am like that about blue, but I made a whole "blue" recently, but that's enough for a while.I am making brown rocks at the moment!!hehe.
    I loved that little miniature sewing scene on a spool too ( on my sidebar).
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary Anne! These blocks are really beautiful... I would have them hanging on my wall too! Enjoy your weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many stitches you have actually sewn in your lifetime Mary Anne? There is so much embellishment on everything you do...I get finger cramps just looking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.