MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

yawn....

I'm doing my post early today because I've had a couple of inquiries regarding the denim quilt I posted about yesterday.  The pattern is free and can be obtained HERE and also there's an updated version HERE.  They're really easy to make and could be created using cotton fabrics in place of the denim.  I think it would make up into a great I-Spy quilt for little ones too.

Soldiering onwards in the ongoing looking back series...



Yet more in my love affair with recycled denim.  Two pillows made in 2011.



2012 seemingly was the year for making felted bags.  I did quite a number of them and this is one example.  It was a gift for someone who is a pianist.




Another knitted project from 2012 - a journal cover.



In 2012 I took another online class from Carole Brungar called 'The Road To My House'.  It involved a great deal of free motion embroidery, something I wasn't particularly good at (still aren't!).  

The houses you see here are replicas of the houses I've lived in over the years.



The rest of the 'elements' are things that I love...there's a bookcase filled with books, a ball of yarn and knitting needles, a sewing machine, a spool of thread, a cup of coffee, flowers, and one of our cats, and my dog Odin. 

It was a really fun class and I definitely learned a lot.




Today your quote is from Anonymous..... "If you can lay down at night, knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day"

 

4 comments:

  1. I love the Road To My House pieces. Free Motion Quilting....I haven't tried that. It intimidates me. I'd like to try it, but I'm sure it would take a lot of practice and to be honest I need the gratification from known talent right now, lol.
    xx, Carol

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your project 'road to my house', all the personal touches make it
    interesting like an illustrated story book. Lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!What a lot of treasures you are showing us today Mary Ann! Such gorgeous stitching! You can turn your hand to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the little hose piece Mary Anne. I think I can remember this from when you were working on it.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.