MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

On plagues and retrospectives

Many of you know that I deal with seasonal allergies on a regular basis, and generally manage to do my fair share of whining and complaining about same.  Well, the 'plague' part of this post falls under that umbrella.  My fall allergies struck insanely early this year (what's up with that anyway?) and have already morphed into what the doctor very helpfully calls a 'bronchial infection'.  It's a plague.  There's no doubt about it.  I must say that I'm heartily sick (hah...that's funny!!) and tired of the lack of sleep and efforts to dislodge one or both of my lungs, either simultaneously or separately. 

Needless to say there is absolutely nothing creative going on here at the moment either.  Can't quite decide which is worse - the disease, or the withdrawal pains from not being able to stitch. 

So....here's some more in the look behind series...




These were also part of the year-long colour challenge led by Sharon Boggon. 

Today the quote is from Anonymous..... "Dear 3 am...we have to stop meeting this way.  I'd much rather sleep with you"

 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly! As a person who is often up between 3 and 4 am, I understand how wearing it can be to get Not Enough rest, night after night. But a bronchial infection sounds 1000x worse :( Did the doc give you something for it that will make you feel better soon? I sure hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry you are so sick. Yes the allergies struck weeks early here too, dangit. Dr Boud prescribes pie and a cup of tea. Brought to your chairside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure hope you get to feeling better and can get back to the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Mary Ann! Allergies are horrible. I had loads too, but I must say I have had a lot of relief since I had a sinus operation last year.I have had very few sniffles since! The infected sinuses went straight to my chest after the sinus infection. I had bronchitis almost continually,Maybe it might be worth looking into if you haven't thought of the operation.I had loads of nodules in my front and back sinuses, and a deviated septum which made breathing thru my nose difficult.I also use a saline sinus wash every day.It has kept colds at bay too.All sorts of places we have been to and everyone had colds etc.Neither Kev nor I have had a cold or flu.Last year I caught a horrible flu even though I had the vaccine.The one I caught was a new strain.

    LOVE those Crazy quilted pieces.So rich!!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are feeling so awful Mary Anne and I hope that situation improves very rapidly! Your blocks are stunning... I am so enjoying seeing all your beautiful work! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I can relate to that quote!! I am enjoying revisiting your work. I too suffer with almost year 'round allergies. My worst are in July and then I get bombed in October. Last year my doc looked back at my records and every other year since '79 I suffered with Bronchitis in October. I think this is supposed to be an off year....fingers crossed. Hope you feel better quickly.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote...I can so relate to it right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.