MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm late, I'm late!

I know I'm late with my post today, but I have a good reason.  I finished the 'Grande Secret Project' AND one other commitment I had has been met too.  Yay!!  Maybe, just maybe, there might be some new content on this poor ol' blog at some point in the not-too-distant future.  Hope you're sitting down!

Here's a few more photos in the looking back series...

A knitted lace scarf - made in 2013


In 2013 I began a wonderful wrapping cloth class with Karen Ruane
and this is what I ended up creating.... 


 A couple of close ups...



Today your quote is a Chinese proverb... "Words are mere bubbles of water, but deeds are drops of gold"

8 comments:

  1. Love your wrapping cloth - so beautiful, with all your lovely stitching. I haven't heard of that magazine so thanks for the link - I'm off to check it out after catching up with what you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary Anne! Loved looking to see what your friend Connie had been making.... weren't they great! Love your wrapping cloth project too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your Grande project. Thank you for the link na I am off to check it out. Lovely Lace scarf you knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done any macrame is years....many many many years....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your wrapping cloth Mary Anne! The laces and how you have worked the stitching is beautiful!
    Yes I have just heard of this new magazine this week. It looks fabulous!
    Hope you are having fun gathering up bits and pieces for your new book you will be learning real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you always amazed when you read about the art that is created and you are only able to see in a magazine or on the internet because you are unable to travel to it or to even KNOW about it! We are really lucky to have technology and can only wonder what will come next.

    Can't wait to see the grande project!! I still have macrame supplies and patterns, but really no desire to revisit that craft. But then you never know!

    Thanks for sharing the mag link. It's a great read.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's lovely to see the wrapping cloth again....did I hear talk of you itching to start another one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That wrapping cloth is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.