MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Better sit down!

Yes, sitting is definitely recommended because I truly don't want you to fall over from the shock of seeing actual NEW content on this tattered old blog.  I'll bet you were beginning to think it would never happen!

So, just to prove that all is not stagnant here, 
I give you...

little ten-minute pieces of what I jokingly refer to as
ART!!






Now I'll bet you're doubly happy I told you to sit down, because the sheer magnitude of these pieces must have been so overwhelming.  Maybe you need a moment to recover.

The back story - last month at our CQTeers meeting Irene challenged us each to fill a little paper book with 'something'.  I completely drew a blank as to what to do and finally resorted to hauling out my 'component box' and then I challenged myself to create something (anything!!) using fodder from my box and doing each page in under ten minutes.  It was actually quite fun.  Who knew?


Today I have another quote from an anonymous source.... "At least once a year everyone is a genius"



7 comments:

  1. bits of inspiration, now that is a fun way to get the creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever have international membership of your CQteers???? Just askin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first of all I use and like the word "fodder". I actually have a photo file called "blog fodder" for those times when I don't know what to post. I am intrigued with your ten minute art challenge and how you managed to do such great collages. A blank page can be quite intimidating can't it? Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they were fun to do and thanks for the links, I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am moved beyond words! I see some cool note cards here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's not a joke, these are delightful compositions...I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it was fun seeing everyone's little books.
    It always amazes me what different people come up.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.