MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 21, 2015

and more....



Now, a return to the series...








My boys (in their 30's now) are both fans of 'Calvin & Hobbes' and when I stumbled across this cute little crocheted fellow on Ravelry, I had to make him for the each of the boys.  

The free pattern is HERE.  There's also a cute little fellow HERE, but I haven't made him (yet). 







2012 was when my fascination with making hussifs began and this is the first one I made.  It's the one I use everyday.





2012 also was the year that I created a pair of crazy quilted Christmas stockings - a gift for a friend.  She loves all things Victorian so these were perfect for her.





Today your quote is from Laura Ingalls Wilder...."I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all"

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes! And so does my son. Your Hobbes is a cutie and looking very beautiful with his shawl. How nice to see your first hussif. It's gorgeous! As are the stockings. Great to see earlier works of you. Sending you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful projects Mary Anne.... I particularly like the hussif! Enjoy your weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quote! How fun to see alll the wonderful things you have created with your loving hands. Blessiings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good quote. Interesting projects, lovely embroidery, Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute...the little soft toy...were they grateful? I hope so...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.