MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Another bit of looking back

Today I'll show you a few more of the things I made in 2007, but before I do that I wanted to let you know that Karen Ruane has announced the latest in her online classes.  'Sampling For Stitch' begins on Sept 7 and you can find more information about the class HERE.   I can say, from experience, that taking a class with Karen will be the highlight of your year.

Now on to the look back...




In 2007 I was in the midst of my love affair with recycled denim and the tote bag on the left was one that I made for a Christmas gift.





 The bag on the right was a project I created during the Winter Olympics.  Stephanie Pearl-McPhee spearheaded a knitting olympics - the rules were that you were to cast on something when the Olympic flame was lit and that it was to be done when the flame went out at the end of the games.

This bag was knitted using torn strips of recycled denim.  It was a fun project, but VERY hard on my hands. 


This was another of the bags I did that year, most of which were given away as gifts.












Today the quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson.... "Guard well your spare moments.  They are like uncut diamonds.  Discard them and their value will never be known.  Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life"

7 comments:

  1. beautiful bags. miss seeing you in Karen's class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your memory lane is packed with achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bags, Mary Anne. Such a lot of work! Love the quote, so true, we must cherish the minutes! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MA
    I bet that knitted denim bag is HEAVY! I have so much denim to recycle and always thought I would want a quilt. When I was gifted one and found out how heavy it was I changed my mind. I always admire your denim patchwork. I love it so much!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary Anne! I think your denim bags are fabulous! I especially like the knitted one but, I imagine it was hard work!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love each of your denim bags. There is something about the fabric and colour that grabs you. My favourite is the patched one. Elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. highlight of the year??? lol.....if you don't get out much maybe...... rofl...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.