MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

TAST - Weeks 19 & 20




Weeks 19 and 20 of the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge (www.inaminuteago.com/blog) included two stitches I have never done, so I pretty much stuck to the original stitch without trying to change it.
Week 19 is the Basque Stitch which is in the left picture. I did a double row so that it would be on both sides of the seam. I know I will use this stitch a lot!
Week 20 is the Butterfly Chain Stitch. I love Sharon's samples so couldn't wait to try this one. It, too, will become a favourite. I added beads in between, just to add some sparkle. Magpie's like sparkle!!
If you would like to learn to make either of these stitches, just go to Sharon Boggon's site at www.inaminuteago.com and look for her stitch dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.