MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oops...forgot yesterday was Monday!


I should have posted yesterday, but I forgot what day it was. For those that don't live in Canada, this past weekend was our 24th of May long weekend...more commonly known these days as the May 2-4. Come to think of it, I don't remember posting on Saturday either!
In my defense, my DH came down with pneumonia & it currently on some pretty heavy-duty meds, which are making him somewhat loopy. Now I know what he'd be like if he did recreational drugs!! Scary thought.
Because there's been a decided lack of creativity on my part over the past few days, I decided it was time for another book review.
"In Fabric Art Journals....Pam Sussman guides you through the process of creating tactile, beautiful books and journals from cloth. The book explores...painting, dyeing, writing techniques, decorative stitching, machine an dhand embroidery, image transfers and quilting. "
There are a large number of coloured photos and an extensive gallery at the back of the book. I have yet to try making anything from this book, but it's on my to-do list. I would say that this book would be a good general how-to book, but if you're beyond a beginner and looking for more in-depth information another publication might be more valuable to you.
Specs: 'Fabric Art Journals' by Pam Sussman published by Quarry Books ISBN# 1-59253-196-2

1 comment:

  1. That book is what started my Fabric Artjournals group! It is EXCELLENt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.