MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

singing...."I'm So Excited and I Just Can't Hide It"




I know, I know, I'm off-key but hey, the words fit the treasure-trove that arrived in the mail today from my friend and I'm excited enough that I don't care how off-key I am! For those who want to know, the song is off the soundtrack for 'Beverly Hills Cop'.
Anyway, there are books full of pretty cool images for use in my art work AND (doing happy dance right now) some kensita silks AND a dragonfly and basket of flowers for use in my CQ's. As soon as I saw the silks I knew what I wanted to do with them. Since I'm in the downsizing mode with my stash I'll make cq squares with a silk as the focal point in each one and then put them all together in a quilt. I'm not promising a finished quilt anytime soon because I work slowly, but it's a perfect idea. Aren't they pretty? I'm such a lucky girl to have such a good friend. Thank you Jan!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.