MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 29, 2024

Some progress

 Over the weekend I had some time to play about with the latest landscape and managed to get the sky quilted, as well as the grass area.  I've added some French knots and some other embroidery although the embroidery on this one will be minimal I think.  The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed that I removed the tree branch because I felt it was a little much.  There's also still more work to be done on the truck itself.



- THIS caught my eye as a possibility for making a temperature quilt.

- Some of you might want to give THIS a try.

- THIS is definitely awwww-worthy.

- Some of THESE made me laugh and some are just plain cute (be sure to scroll down).

- Those of you who are attempting to declutter might find THIS useful.

Today's quote is from E.M. Forster...."I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars"




16 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure about that mothers quotation! But your landscape is coming along so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the majority of mothers wouldn't want their children going off to war - maybe not all, but most of us.

      Delete
  2. Your whole landscape is looking lovely--I especially like those grassy areas--they really look like Spring--nice work;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose - it's getting there!

      Delete
  3. Progressing nicely. The truck is taking shape well.
    Grace space, that is a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truck needs more highlighting and shading to make it look a little better - at least that's what I think and I guess my vote counts - ha ha.

      Delete
  4. Your sky is fabulous but then I always love the skies you imagine in each of your landscapes. I wonder about the mothers of these evil megalomaniacs and what they would think of their adult children etc etc. I think I will have to go down the rabbit hole of research to glean some information. A fascinating topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to try this type of piecing for the sky for awhile so finally acted on it.
      I too wonder about the mothers of some of the so-called 'famous' people these days and what they would think.

      Delete
  5. What an interesting landscape. I do like the sky piecing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky was a different technique I wanted to try.

      Delete
  6. The refinements are working. I also notice the grass is different than the beginning piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass actually isn't different as far as the fabric used - it's just been quilted heavily and then some embroidery added. Hard to tell in the photo!

      Delete
  7. Love this quilt, the truck is amazing as is the building.
    Thank-you for the links, the felt animals are amazing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truck has changed a little since this picture was taken - a little more highlighting and shading.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Sherry of createology; Your landscape is coming along beautifully. Reading how to declutter seems so easy however in my real life it is not easy at all. Happy May Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - it's easier to read about it than it is to actually put what you've read into practice.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.