MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 08, 2024

Better late than never

 Finally finished knitting Resident Chef's new socks that I promised him at Christmas....




If you, like many of us, are attempting to declutter, perhaps this quote from Dana White (author of 'Decluttering At The Speed of Life') might be useful... Embracing the Container Concept means looking at every space that holds stuff (a container, a shelf, a drawer, a closet) as a limit and filling it with favorite stuff first. The size of the "contain"er determines when enough is enough, and that makes it easier to get rid of things that don't fit. It's not about deciding whether something has value or is worth keeping, it's about not keeping more than will fit.

- THESE gave me an awwww moment.

- I like THIS but I wouldn't have it hanging in my car because I don't think it's overly safe.  I think there are lots of other uses for it though.

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS amazing artist.

- And THIS one too!

Today's quote, once again from an anonymous source..."This, my dear, is the greatest challenge of being alive:  To witness the injustices of the world, and not allow it to consume our light"





18 comments:

  1. Greetings MaryAnn: I hope all is well with you, the socks are lovely better late then never, love the color combination.
    Thank-you for the links, the three pigs are so cute.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good thing RC is a patient man! He knows how long it takes me to knit socks so he wasn't holding out much hope for getting them too soon.

      Delete
  2. Neat socks!! Nice finish on these;))
    Three little piggies are just adorable--I went to market this morning hahaha hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC loves my hand knit socks and now refuses to wear store-bought ones. Trouble is that he is very hard on socks so they don't last as long as they should. Fortunately he does know how to darn them.
      Glad you liked the piggies!

      Delete
  3. Great socks! The cute crocheted creatures would not fit in any of my selected containers.....The Linden quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC does like his hand made socks so I guess I'll just have to keep knitting!

      Delete
  4. Those socks were worth waiting for. They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a happy man and that's what counts.

      Delete
  5. Neat socks!
    The quote hits home as every time I see that awful man's name in a headline, I feel more depressed.
    No more will that happen. I'm putting him on ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC is wearing them so I guess he's happy with them.
      I blame the media for a lot of the so-called credence that awful man gets. If they'd simply refuse to publish/talk about him in any way, it would help put a stop to his idiocy.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Sherry of createology: Wonderful hand knitted socks for RC. There are truly an infinite number of very clever and talented artists in this world and my dear that includes you! Interesting quote and it is making me think twice. I hope you are having Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks, at least for me, aren't a quick knit, but I keep one on the go all the time and pick it up when I have a few minutes.
      Thank you for your kind words (as always!)

      Delete
  7. As someone else has said, better late than never. It is a times like this I wish I knew how to crochet. Those pigs are so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought those little piggies were beyond cute. I can crochet but don't think I'll be making them.

      Delete
  8. Very nice socks. I imagine your Resident Chef is stylin' in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a happy camper so that's all that counts!

      Delete
    2. Enjoyed looking through these links. Thanks for the "containing" idea.

      Delete
    3. Glad you liked the links!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.