MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 26, 2024

Lucky me!

 A few weeks ago I played along with the Villa Rosa Designs blog hop and ended up being one of the extremely lucky winners.  I had nearly forgotten about it and was surprised when this was sitting on my doorstep yesterday....



This is 12 fat quarters of hand-dyed Indah batiks!  Wow - I certainly wasn't expecting such a great prize.  Now to ponder what I might want to make with them!!

- I might have to make one of THESE for our littlest grandie.

- If you'd like to see some of the award-winning quilts from Paducah, have a look HERE.

- Many of the artworks by THIS artist made me smile.  

- THIS is another awwww-worthy thing!

- THIS is a rather nice table-topper.

The quote today is from Ricky Gervais..."The world began to crumble when feelings started overruling facts"



18 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning such a beautiful prize--love those colorways...have fun with them hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colourway too, but not sure (yet!) what I will do with them. I'm not a 'sane' quilter so it will have to be something creative. Thinking cap is on!

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful addition to your fabric collection. What a treat. I hope you'll show us what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll definitely show what I make - once I figure out what it's going to be!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What fun to get an unexpected gift. Right up your design alley, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not colours that will work in a landscape but there are plenty of other possibilities out there. Too many!!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:17 AM

    Sherry of createology: Congrats on your win. I see lovely possibilities for your Little Grand Girl. I am always blown away by the talents of Creative Artists. Your generous links allow me to see so many I would otherwise miss. Home now and catching up…if that is ever possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe our grandie will benefit from some of this, we'll see. Glad you enjoy the links because I certainly have fun searching them out.

      Delete
  5. Congratultions on the nice win!
    How about a lap quilt for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know about something for myself because the colours don't 'fit' in any of our rooms. I'm thinking about using it to make either one (or more) gifts. I'm looking for pattern ideas and will go from there.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely prize to have won. I think using the prize to make gifts is a wonderful idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way to share I think, but now have to decide what to make.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful prize! And that backpack is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to win, for sure. Hmmm - might even make some of it into that backpack for our little gal.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on having a prize land on your doorstep.
    The Paducah winners are definitely out of my league. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was pretty happy to be a lucky winner.
      And yes, I agree - those quilts are WAY out of my league!

      Delete
  9. Oh my: Congratulations on winning some amazing fabric, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the fabric, I know it will be something amazing.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's going to be fun figuring out what I'm going to make, for sure.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.