MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 19, 2024

A day of....

 Spending a lot of time being social over the past few days has meant that there's been very little done in my studio, so you know what I'm going to give you...


- I think I'd go stir crazy if I tried to make some of THESE but they're interesting to look at.

- I've seen THESE before but not quite the same design overall.  THIS one is similar and includes rubberized shelf liner on the back which I think would be a good idea.

- Have a look through the galleries of THIS incredible artist!  And THIS one too (scroll down)

- Those of you who like hats might like to scroll through THESE pieces of art.

- THIS should take you to a short weaving video that looks like fun.

- THIS guy made me smile.

Here is another quote from Albert Einstein..."We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"




12 comments:

  1. Oh those OI quilts make my eyes hurt--yikes!! Interesting though...We may actually have a sunny day dawning here--file under:
    "will wonders never cease?" Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make my eyes hurt too - I can't imagine having one on my bed because I'd never want to enter the room!
      Yay for sunny days - they are precious this year.

      Delete
  2. The weaving video requires birthdate for admission. So I passed. It gives away tmi to bad actors.

    I love felt hats and have only been deterred from making one by not having found a hat form I can afford, to mold the felt over. If ever I do, or a substitute that stands up to heat and damp and pressure, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a birthday to see it??? That's really odd because I just double-checked and it's fine for me. I wonder if it's some sort of setting you have on your device that I don't have. I agree, don't give out your birthdate.
      Re felted hats - could you use a balloon as a form? OR if that's too flimsy, what about a cheap soccer (or whatever fits) ball from the dollar store? I once made a felted pirate hat for our oldest grandie and used a kitchen bowl turned upside down.

      Delete
  3. It has to be headshaped and the right size. Never found a sport ball that would work, much research!
    Pinterest has evidently forgotten I have an account there, probably why they wanted the birthdate. I didn't come in via password, when I used your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you find a styrofoam head? Our thrift stores often have them available but not sure where they come from originally. Styrofoam should be carveable somewhat to get the exact size you need.
      Ah - that could be the reason for the Pinterest video issue. When I click further through I come to this and it might work better for you?.... https://blushingpinefiber.com/en-ca/pages/weaving

      Delete
  4. I finally made it here after being in the world of cute crocheted chicks...so adorable and lovely bags, etc. You do share such neat things. And I love the quotes too. And another beautiful landscape here...I wouldn't know where to begin to quilt a truck! You are the clever one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the links Jocelyn - I only share things that I find interesting and hope that others think so too.

      Delete
  5. That Daffy Duck is so darn cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felt hats are terrific. The "rock" embroideries are so intriguing. (How do you find all this stuff?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a hat person but I know a lot of other people are so I thought it would be fun to share. As for how I find the links - I belong to several mailing lists from different places and I must admit Pinterest is a great place to search for things.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.