MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Four equals eight

 Yes, folks, my math skills are correct (and I didn't need to count on my fingers and toes either!).  Four pairs of thrifted jeans do indeed equal eight different shades of denim for use in future landscapes.  See?....




- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist!  And THIS one too (note the raw materials he uses)!

- THESE are intriguing.

- THESE would be fun to make.

Today's quote is from Fred Rogers..."Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else"





13 comments:

  1. The clothes pin jewelry is clever. I think something like that might work in my current wire weaving. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabric pots are just beautiful!! Love the old, weathered and worn, well-loved look of them...thanks for sharing
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I loved the fabric pots too, not that I would likely ever attempt to make any.

      Delete
  3. All of your shared galleries were very intriguing and inspirational. It's got me thinking. Glad to finally know of something productive for the wiring of clothes pins. Yes, I still use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use them too - we hang our laundry in our bathroom to dry and I clip it onto hangers using the old-fashioned clothes pins.

      Delete
  4. LOL, I know when I make my recycled jean quilts I have soooo many different colours of denim to choose from.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It always surprises me that people don't think to look on the back of fabrics (not only denim) to see the treasures that are sometimes there. There seems to be a mindset that fabric can only be used on the right side to be correct. I enjoy being a rebel!

      Delete
  5. Pretty shades of worn blue jeans. Thanks for the links, very interesting. Fun baskets. Wiring of clothes pins jewelry, who would have thought of that?! Not me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought of that either - some people have such creative minds!

      Delete
  6. Nice denim fabric! Very clever, You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use the back of the denim a lot when I was making the jackets so it's a natural thing for me to carry it on into landscapes.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.