MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, October 27, 2023

Switching gears

 The Christmas box has some new additions as you can see by this...



The pattern is THIS one and I'm using whatever worsted-weight yarn I have.  The pattern comes in many size options and the hats themselves are incredibly stretchy so will fit pretty much any size head.

 Remember my asking you to think about voting for my quilts in the American Quilter's Society online show?  Well, they've posted the top vote-getters by region and you can see those HERE.  Mine didn't come out on top but I was hugely thrilled with the numbers mine did get (and thanks to all of you who voted whether you voted for me or not).  If you're interested, the top Canadian vote getter received 304 votes and mine, by comparison,...'Untitled' (the rusty truck) got 92,  'Cobwebs and Splinters' got 116 and 'Cabin in the Snow' received 196.  If you're interested in seeing more, you can sign up HERE to receive 16 daily emails with a selection of the quilts each day.

- I rather like THIS and might have to try my hand at making one at some point.

- If you're a card player or know someone who is, perhaps THIS might come in handy.

- THIS technique intrigues me.

- There are lots of suggestions HERE for some easy DIY gifts.

This quote is attributed to Budda..."In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you"



16 comments:

  1. As they say at the Oscars, I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, the Oscars of quilting? Thanks for your vote.

      Delete
  2. I just can see that those hats will be a big hit this Christmas...nice work hugs, Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a simple pattern to make and always welcome in our family.

      Delete
  3. Now that is a quote to think about..."not meant for you."
    There are so many beautiful quilts. I didn't see one of yours on the Canada page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - I don't know why you couldn't see them...that's odd. I know the link in this post goes to the highest vote-getters and mine didn't quite make it that far but the link on the original page I posted several posts ago will lead to the entries sorted by regions.

      Delete
  4. I did vote for your quilts, and I am glad you are happy with the number of votes you got. Those hats are a great addition to the Christmas box and I can imagine them using lots of bits and bobs of yarn.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting for me! I was indeed happy with the number of votes I got because there was some pretty hefty competion from other Canadians in my category.
      The hats are quick to knit and how else can you make a gift for under $10.

      Delete
  5. You work at lightening speed. How in the world you do all that and keep up this blog. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - I've been spending what would normally be my sewing time knitting hats because I want to get them done and ready to gift. I'm on a roll now so should soon be done with them.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Sherry of createology: I voted for you dear and am surprised you didn’t finish on the top! This quote is so powerful and I will be trying my best to live by this for however much longer I have. Cooler weather here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry for the vote AND for your kind words! I'm just happy that my quilts got as many votes as they did. Temps are dropping here too but we've had a good week.

      Delete
  7. Greetings: I am so sorry you did not finished in number one spot, your quilts are amazing, I will post on my blog next time you enter a judging arena for your quilts.
    You have a special talent.
    Thank-you for the fun links, I am going to make a couple of drums.

    Have a great week
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine - I really wasn't thinking I'd get anywhere near being the top vote-getter for Canada but was hugely gratified (and surprised!) to get as many votes as I did.
      I actually was thinking of you when I posted the link to the drums!

      Delete
  8. Love the hats... great additions to the Christmas box! Sorry I must have missed the post about voting but it sounds as though your works compared very favourably with the top one! You must be pleased. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hats never seem to come amiss so I do a round of them every couple of years. No worries about missing the voting - there were no prizes involved, just fun.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.