MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Chug, chug, chugging away

 First of all, thank you so much for visiting the online quilt show and for voting for my work.  There are lots of quilts to see there so hopefully you don't blame me TOO much for sending you down the rabbit hole! (If you missed it, and wonder what I'm talking about, check my previous post!)

My knitting needles are smokin' these days and here are a couple of the things I've managed to complete...

Two grandsons, both in to Minecraft, will be
getting these hats.  Pattern is THIS one.


Our wee granddaughter will be getting
this one.  Pattern is from HERE. I added the crocheted
flower just for fun.

And, finally, there's this dish/wash cloth...

I cobbled the pattern for it using the basics from a couple different patterns.  If you'd like to make one, here's the pattern...

Cast on 45 stitches
K 3 rows
Row 1:  K
Row 2:  K3, * K1, S1 * Repeat between * across to last 3 sts, K3
Row 3:  K
Row 4: K 2, *S1, K1*, repeat between * across to last 3 sts, K3
Repeat in pattern until square, ending with a Row 1 and then 3 more knit rows.  Bind off.  The K3's and the 3 rows of knitting creates a border.

- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist!

- THIS would be an easy little project that might be useful.

- If you're a tea drinker, perhaps save your bags so you can make something similar to THESE (clickable to embiggen to see better details).

- THIS is a rather pretty scarf pattern.

Today's quote..."Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces"



26 comments:

  1. Your knitting is lovely they will love the hats. Good luck on the quilt voting.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fancy a new dish cloth, when I get hold of cotton yarn again. Thank you. As they all say at the academy awards I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy pattern but looks quite pretty when it's done. Thanks for the votes! There's no prize (at least not that I know of) - it's just fun.

      Delete
  3. What pretty "chapeaux" you've knitted!! Nice works....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully the grandies will like them.

      Delete
  4. You ar eamazing how fast you can make things. Great links, that scarf is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, not amazing at all, just easily bored if I don't have something in my hands to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Sherry of createology: I can almost hear your knitting needles clicking away to a very fast rhythm. Great hits for your Littles. I hope you are enjoying the weather change fem Summer to Autumn. Do you have lovely Fall colors to view? We have a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just this afternoon took a little trip up north to see the fall colours. They're spectacular this year! I suspect the temp today broke a few records.

      Delete
  7. You are getting lots of items into that Christmas box. Love the dishcloth. Such a pretty pattern.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the Christmas box has a long way to go before it's full though.

      Delete
  8. Charming caps. A great quotation today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nann - the hats were fun to make, although I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of all the tangling up I get into when I'm doing colourwork.

      Delete
  9. Cool hats! My GS1 is just getting into Minecraft. Love the link for the baskets and looked a little further and saw the baby shoes too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minecraft has become a 'thing' for the guys in the family. I don't know much about it but when I found the hat pattern I thought it was worth doing. Now I'm trying to use the same pattern on a sweater (or two).

      Delete
  10. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Cute Hats. JoysJotsshots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - hopefully our grandies will like them!

      Delete
  11. Your needles have been smoking! I love all 3 hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hats are pretty quick to make so they're always on my list of to-do projects for Christmas.

      Delete
  12. Very nice hats for the grands, Mary Anne. I've favorited the pattern for the pink one on Ravelry. Love the pictures of stamped art on tea bags. A year or so I ago I tried saving tea bags, but hubs would come along and throw them away. I didn't have enough courage, desire, whatever... to defend that I was wanting them for crafting purposes. I think I just found the hutzpah to try collecting them again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to fall down yet another rabbit hole try googling tea bag art. Ask me how I know!!

      Delete
  13. I love a washcloth with textured stitches - so functional AND pretty! I'm going to save your washcloth pattern for the next time I come across a skein of cotton yarn. Probably when I'm trying to find my earwarmer or a wrench or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have to say it's interesting to think that you would be searching for a wrench AND your earwarmers in the same place!

      Delete
  14. Such sweet hats, I'm sure they'll be a hit!
    I voted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the kiddos will like them (and thank you for voting!!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.