MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Can you see it??

 Yes, can you see it?  The progress made on the landscape??  



I know it's hard to see, but the quilting has pretty much been done plus borders have been added.  Still have to add some more details and the jury is out whether I will add hand embroidery to this one.  I'm leaning towards not, but will decide once I finish the borders.  

- Some of you might have fun playing with THIS technique.

- THESE would be really pretty this time of year (at least in this hemisphere!)

Today's quote is from Mark Twain..."The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why"






12 comments:

  1. I won't bet against a bit of embroidery making it onto the latest landscape! What size is it? It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't bet on it either but I'm trying to remind myself that denim is thick to attempt to hand sew. It measures approx. 23 x 30"

      Delete
  2. I certainly can see your beautiful stitching on this!! What a lovely calm and soft piece!! Might it be hard to hand stitch through denim? Just saying...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose! I actually (wonder of wonders!) thought ahead a bit on this project and there really are no seams to stitch through if I do decide to add some embroidery. I'm also wrestling with (if I do add it) whether or not to stick to the blue colourway I have going on or add some colour.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, your sky stitching reminds me of Sashiko (something I've been meaning to try). Looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right - I hadn't thought of sashiko but it does look a little like that.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful progress and lovely design in denim.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like eating potato chips - can't stop once I get working on it!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:30 PM

    Sherry of createology: Maybe some floral 3D embellishment with only a stem and leaf embroidered through the denim? Interesting quote…I am still awaiting to find out my “WHY”. My husband knew when he was 9 years old what he loved and wanted to do when he grew up. Maybe I haven’t grown up yet and that id why I do not know my purpose on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm m- you've given me something else to ponder!

      Delete
  6. Very nice, the porch looks more defined to me. The links are perfect. The sunflower coaster will make winter cheerier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the links! Still pondering what I will do next on the landscape.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.