MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, October 13, 2023

There's a border!

 I've added the border to the landscape and have made the executive decision that there will be a small amount of embroidery in the grass area.  I'd really like to include some dimensional flowers but not sure if this particular design lends itself to them.  


- Have a peek at the non-fattening offerings found HERE (and while you're there, visit her other galleries too!)

- THIS might be something you would like to try sometime.

- Making one (or more) of THESE would add to your fall decorating.

- Who wouldn't want to do dishes in one of THESE???

Today's quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson..."Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.  He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety"


14 comments:

  1. I dunno about the stained glass sink. It's too pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They're certainly for the person who has everything, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. The border looks lovely on this one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose! Took me forever to get it to 'fit'. Good thing I'm stubborn!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of adding stitching to the grass, flowers would be a great idea also.
    Love this quilt the border is amazing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did end up adding some stitching to the grass area but opted out of flowers for this one. For some reason they just don't seem to 'fit'.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Sherry of createology: Mary Anne Dear I do love the simplicity of your denim landscape. The border is just right. Oh those stained glass sinks are so beautiful! I would love one in my tiny house someday. Great quote to follow. Autumn Blessings…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't we all love one of those sinks....not the least bit practical but oh so pretty to look at.

      Delete
  5. I love that border and I'm impressed with the depth looking into the porch. I can't imagine that those sinks are real. I don't see any drains in them and I certainly wouldn't want to clean around the leading. They are pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the sinks are all one piece without leading? Wouldn't think leading would be healthy near anything that has to do with food.

      Delete
  6. All I thought when I saw the first gorgeous stained glass sink, was "I wonder how long it would take before I broke that?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, you and me both on that one! Wouldn't last long in my house, that's for sure.

      Delete
  7. I love the border.
    Thank you for the pumpkin pattern via Seasoned Homemaker. I visit her regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Seasoned Homemaker is one of my favourites too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.