MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Introducing.....

 "The Three Churches of Mahone Bay"
(Nova Scotia)

FOR SALE
SOLD (Thank you!)


and here's a couple closeups...




And, never let it be said that Resident Chef
isn't a romantic, if his putting these
in my hand is any indication...


They're Cheerios, but it's the thought that counts!

- If you have a die cutting machine, perhaps you might like to try THIS.  I wonder if there's a go-around for the machine and maybe if the same process might work using a rolling pin and lots of pressure.  

- There's an interesting article HERE about ice dyeing yarn.

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS incredible artist (and take note of some of the raw materials she uses)

- And look at the amazing creations of THIS artist too!

Today's quote..."What money can buy:  A bed but not sleep; a clock but not time.  A book but not knowledge.  A position but not respect.  Medicine but not health.  Amusements but not happiness.  Acquaintance but not friendship.  Obedience but not faithfulness. A house but not a home"

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sale--this picture turned out so beautifully-- ...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julierose! It was a fun one to do and the buyers seemed pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the latest landscape! I guess they liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seemed happy with it (delivered it this morning) so that means a lot.

      Delete
  3. Very Nice! Congratulations!
    Those embroidered vegetables are amazing.
    Heart shape Cheerios, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the embroidered veggies are amazing - tons of hours went into each of them I suspect.
      Yes, I was happy that the Three Churches went to a good home.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see that sold sign. It's a wonderful piece of art. That veggie embroidery is quite something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That landscape is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! I think it's one of my favorites. I'm glad it's found a happy home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki - it was fun to do. And I'm glad it's gone to a good home too.

      Delete
  7. Lovely, we saw those churches when we were visiting Nova Scotia for a wedding a few years back (like 20).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I, of course, haven't seen them in person but certainly would like to.

      Delete
  8. Hello: Congratulations on the sale of the quilt, it is beautiful.
    Thank-you for the interesting links.
    You know you are loved when your husband hands you hearts.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was happy to see the quilt go to a nice new home.
      And yes, I know I'm loved - he might not say it very often, but he shows it.

      Delete
  9. Really love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy with it even though it wasn't 'crusty' like the ones you and I gravitate towards.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful result :) Congrats on another lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Quinn - it was a fun one to create.

      Delete
  11. The die cutter pressing leaves reminds me back in the day when people pounded leaves with a wooden mallet with the same results.
    Congratulations on a great finish. I can understand why its already sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think flower pounding is still a thing but I haven't tried it for fear the neighbours get upset. (and thank you for the congrats!)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful, Mary Anne. As I look at the quilting design on the sky, it strikes me as so appropriate for a picture of three churches. But I'm not sure why. Did you intuitively know that would be the case, or was this a happy surprise to you? Congrats on another beautiful finish, and sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I do comes as a surprise but I suppose down-deep there must be some intuition involved. I've had no art training (beyond a few folk art classes years ago) so it's pretty much all trial and error.

      Delete
  13. A fabulous finish, I know they've got to be thrilled with it.
    Those aren't just any Cheerios, they're made with "love"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were happy with it which in turn made me happy too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.