MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 03, 2023

And....another beginning....

  Remember last time I sent you to Mr. Google on a quest to find out more about the 'Three Churches of Mahone Bay' ?  Well, a new landscape has begun and I must say, as I always do, it's now at the stage where it looks like something the cat dragged in.  I have faith (misguided as it might yet prove to be) that it will get better.  There's been quite a lot of fussy cutting to add the trees and the rocks.  Now it's on to trying to create the churches themselves.



THIS looks like something that would be fun to try.

- THIS is a pretty wrap/shawl/scarf design.

- THESE are intriguing!

- If you enjoy iced tea, perhaps some of the variations found HERE might be of interest.

Today's quote is from Morgan Freeman.."Some of the best advice I've been given:  don't take criticism from people you would never go to for advice"







13 comments:

  1. Sp looking forward to watching another of your beautiful landscape pieces come to life--nice start on this one!
    I like that painting on fabric tutorial--will have to give that a try...hugs, Julierose P.S. so muggy here--at 9:45 a.m. dew point is up to 75!! UGH!! AC for me for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy watching the landscapes evolve because I often wonder if people are bored with the entire process.
      Warm here too and still a haze of smoke.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Sherry of createology: Looks like you have a good foundation for your new landscape. I do like Iced Tea in the Summer. Morgan Freeman is a wise man. Happy Safe Fourth of July Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of iced tea as well (iced coffee too!). Hope you enjoy your Fourth of July!

      Delete
  3. can hardly wait to see your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - masterpiece? Remains to be seen (in more ways than one!)

      Delete
  4. We've been there with you so many times! And it comes out fabulously. I take some credit for encouragement, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks promising
    Good links. That shawl is beautiful, a change from patterns I've seen. I think that one goes to the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was a shawl person, I would be making that one.

      Delete
  6. Those colours, beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt in the mood for a fall scene so I went with it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.