MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 03, 2023

And....another beginning....

  Remember last time I sent you to Mr. Google on a quest to find out more about the 'Three Churches of Mahone Bay' ?  Well, a new landscape has begun and I must say, as I always do, it's now at the stage where it looks like something the cat dragged in.  I have faith (misguided as it might yet prove to be) that it will get better.  There's been quite a lot of fussy cutting to add the trees and the rocks.  Now it's on to trying to create the churches themselves.



- THIS looks like something that would be fun to try.

- THIS is a pretty wrap/shawl/scarf design.

- THESE are intriguing!

- If you enjoy iced tea, perhaps some of the variations found HERE might be of interest.

Today's quote is from Morgan Freeman.."Some of the best advice I've been given:  don't take criticism from people you would never go to for advice"







13 comments:

  1. Sp looking forward to watching another of your beautiful landscape pieces come to life--nice start on this one!
    I like that painting on fabric tutorial--will have to give that a try...hugs, Julierose P.S. so muggy here--at 9:45 a.m. dew point is up to 75!! UGH!! AC for me for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy watching the landscapes evolve because I often wonder if people are bored with the entire process.
      Warm here too and still a haze of smoke.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Sherry of createology: Looks like you have a good foundation for your new landscape. I do like Iced Tea in the Summer. Morgan Freeman is a wise man. Happy Safe Fourth of July Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of iced tea as well (iced coffee too!). Hope you enjoy your Fourth of July!

      Delete
  3. can hardly wait to see your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - masterpiece? Remains to be seen (in more ways than one!)

      Delete
  4. We've been there with you so many times! And it comes out fabulously. I take some credit for encouragement, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks promising
    Good links. That shawl is beautiful, a change from patterns I've seen. I think that one goes to the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was a shawl person, I would be making that one.

      Delete
  6. Those colours, beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt in the mood for a fall scene so I went with it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.