MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 28, 2023

Back at it

 The sky is now put together and ready to be quilted once I add the rest of the elements.  Resident Chef is quite hesitant to say whether or not he likes it (which in 'DH-speak' means he doesn't!).  I think I'm keeping it though and am pleading artistic license.   We'll see what he has to say once the landscape is done.  



I've spent altogether too many hours scouting out the prices for travel insurance and must admit that it's rather upsetting to realize that insurance is pretty much the same price as air fares.  Doesn't help that one of us is over 80 and the other is pushing 70.  I guess old farts aren't supposed to want to travel.  

- There are links HERE to a number of tote bag patterns.

- Have a peek through the gallery of THIS artist.

- THIS is an interesting interview with another amazing artist.

- I know none of you want to acknowledge that there's a 'certain' date in December, but being that 'Christmas in July' seems to be a thing - how about THIS?

Today's quote..."It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say:  "I wish I had done that"

19 comments:


  1. Well, my vote is: "I like it a lot"--I think that hexagon background will look lovely. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky looks ok to me.
    Quote, makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think the sky is ok - jury is somewhat out as yet on it but I think I like it too.

      Delete
  3. Travel insurance? You're planning a trip? I find that age is an expensive category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly doesn't pay to be an old fart! However, we were more than pleasantly surprised when we went in person to get a quote - WAY cheaper than what they were telling me online. (and yes, there just might be a trip in the offing!)

      Delete
  4. Yep our travel insurance for our Alaska trip was almost the cost of the flight for one of us.... Ridiculous. You enjoy your trip.

    Personally I love the sky.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought that's what we were going to have to pay as well, but it turns out going to CAA in person rather than doing it online made nearly $500 difference. We were really happy!
      Glad you like the sky...I think it's a keeper.

      Delete
  5. That's what my husband does when he doesn't like something I've made too. I think the hexagon sky looks great and I do think that men look at things differently. Glad you were able to get a cheaper quote for the insurance I really hope you get your trip booked! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RC isn't overly effusive with his comments at the best of times but when he doesn't say anything at all I know he's not impressed. We'll see what he thinks as it develops further. (and yes, we were glad about the insurance too!)

      Delete
  6. Love the sky, such pretty colors.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping I'm on the right track...at least if nothing else, it's a fun experiment.

      Delete
  7. I haven't followed all the posts for this project so I don't know your plans -- a tree or a something on the left horizon might provide an interesting balance. Travel insurance. Sour face here with our non-refund for the trip we had to cancel last year. (Got a credit from the tour operator but nothing from the insurer.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tree, but there will be an old truck and a dead end sign. As for trip cancellation, our son adds that on to the price of our air fare tickets so we should (hopefully!) be covered for that.

      Delete
  8. I love that sky!!!! No hesitant opinion here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well of course I love your hexie background. All the more unique.
    I forgot to mention in your last post how cute the Grandie set is. Glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the hexie background was something I wanted to try and I'm happy with it.

      Delete
  10. I did two years of Christmas in July a few years back but it hasn't worked out for a while. It was fun to get together with that theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally work on Christmas gifts pretty much all year long but this year I seem to be behind on that plan.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.