MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 21, 2023

"That' Box additions - and upcoming

 Do you remember me showing you a pile of fabrics the other day?  Well, they have been turned into three pillowcases for grandies - 2 are going in the Christmas box and the Star Wars one is heading out in the mail to our oldest grandie as we speak.  


And, because I simply can't help myself, I am embarking on a new landscape based on this photo....


 Photo by Dale Stewart, and used with his kind permission.

For some reason this image really appeals to me.  It's stark in a way because it's obviously in the prairies and there's no real 'background', just the truck and the sign, but it speaks volumes.  I'm toying with a different idea for making the background...which might, or might not, work.  Stay tuned!!

And, today my Resident Chef is celebrating his birthday (well, actually HE's trying to ignore it, but I won't let him!).  He gets the night off from cooking because I'm taking him out for supper.

- Thanks to Maywyn, I have discovered THIS music video and I'm obsessed.  I dare you to listen to it and not dance!!

- It might be fun to play around with THIS technique.

- Have a look through THESE!!

- Never let it be said that what you find on this blog isn't sometimes something that you didn't need to know but now you realize you do (go HERE for a good example!).

Today's quote is from Joshua Becker..."When you choose to collect experiences rather than things, you never run out of storage space"



24 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Resident Chef! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share your birthday wish with him. We're trying a new-to-us restaurant tonight - we'll see how it is.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your Resident Chef today!! Enjoy your dinner out...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Resident Chef!

    Neat links. The paper scrolling is fabulous.
    The One Republic, I watch the video at least once a day for an energy and mood boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thanks you! Glad you liked the links and yes, I can listen to that video over and over (oh wait...I have been!)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your husband, I hope you both have a beautiful dinner.
    Love the idea of the truck and sign quilt, I am looking forward to seeing what background you come up with.
    Thank-you for the interesting links.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thanks you for the good wishes! I like the idea of the truck with that dead end sign too. It's been talking to me for awhile so it's time to listen and do it.

      Delete
  6. You did a good work with the clothes in the first picture for wear the bed. It is so good to know to do this artesany.

    Have nice days this summer, with your loving family. Joy and LOVE for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Summer is finally here after a very long spring, so we're glad.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Resident Chef and may you have many more.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with that photo.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will extend your birth day wishes to him. (and I'm looking forward to playing with that photo too)

      Delete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday to RC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the chef had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't have to cook supper so he was happy!

      Delete
  10. Great idea for those pillowcases. A belated happy birthday to the resident chef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pillowcases always seem to be welcome, particularly if I keep their interests in mind. (and Resident Chef says thank you!)

      Delete
  11. Happy belated birthday RC. Yep, that tune sticks in your head. Surprised to find its 9 years old. I've never heard it. Perhaps you'll make it popular now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give your wishes to RC, thank you. And yes, that song is certainly 'catchy'.

      Delete
  12. What fun pillow cases! Nathan has a couple fun ones that he still uses.
    I hope Chef had a great day being spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New pillowcases are a 'Grandma Make' every Christmas. I try to match them to whatever their current interests are.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.