MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Hmmm....

 Do you ever find yourself wondering why something that starts out perfectly flat ends up not so much?  I quilted water 'lines' into the water area of the latest landscape and for no known reason it didn't end up flat at the end.  Hmmm.  Bother (to quote a certain well-known bear).  So, now I'm attempting to whip the lines into shape (literally).  We'll see if that helps.  Either way, the stitching needs more 'presence' to be noticeable so whipping it is.  Yawn.
Illustration from Piecework Magazine

- THIS looks really pretty, although I could be entirely swayed by the colour!

- There's an interesting article HERE re yarn substitution/weights.

- THIS looks like a fun way to use yarn stash AND would make fun gifts too.

- And, just for fun, maybe you'd like to play around with THESE!

Today's quote..."Negativity is contagious.  Unhappiness is contagious.  Fear is contagious.  But so is happiness.  So is optimism.  So is love.  Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you and strive to be a reflection of what you want to receive"





14 comments:

  1. The comic faces site is a scream. You could adapt some of these to t-shirts, embroidering them on,too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's all sorts of fun applications for those faces and if nothing else, providing endless amusement.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:34 AM

    You do work miracles with needle, thread and cloth, so I am sure the landscape will turn out beautifully. The quote goes in my journal today. Mary @ Hilltop Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wonder if said 'miracles' will work out...this one is certainly giving me fits at the moment. Hours of whipping ahead of me!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I can totally relate to the frustration of things not turning out as planned! I remember quilting water lines on a landscape piece, hoping for a smooth finish, but somehow it ended up with unexpected bumps. It left me feeling puzzled and bothered, just like that famous bear. Now, I'm determined to fix it by whipping those lines into shape, hoping it brings some improvement. But honestly, I'm feeling a bit tired already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It happens to the best of us.

      Delete
  4. That blue color is very nice, pure and vibrant. Not turned out as planned, I think that began before I was born, 3 weeks after the due date my mother was given. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I rarely plan things out and generally just end up winging it (for better or worse!).

      Delete
  5. I enjoy stitching whip stitches securing certain lines but not so much fun when you want a thread perfectly flat. Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially stitched all the lines with the machine and it didn't show up quite enough so hence the whipped stitch to give the machine stitching more 'oomph'.

      Delete
  6. I hope your whipping works. Since I only do cross stitch, I only have to worry about X's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes X's are a whole lot easier to deal with!

      Delete
  7. Whipped running stitch. Learn something every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often use that stitch just to add a little more 'oomph'

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.