MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Just a whippin' along

 Another hmmmm - I received a rather 'different' comment on my last post and I published it, but I'm afraid I'm rather suspicious that it might have been generated by Artificial Intelligence.  It might be legit but I have my doubts.  Whoever it was repeated my words pretty much verbatim and it raised some red flags.  Maybe I'm just overly suspicious?  (if you're interested in reading it, scroll down to read the comments left on my last post).  

I've been going slightly cross-eyed attempting to whip all those stitching lines into shape in the water area of this landscape.  I'm nearly done so there no doubt will be a small celebration.  There's still some 'bumps' but I have an idea of how to camoflauge that.  I hope.


I know it's hard to see in the photo, but I have been doing 'something' with the water.  Still have the trees and the sky to quilt so you can likely still see the basting threads in those areas.

- THIS intrigues me - fun use for scraps!

- And you might want to explore that site a bit further by going HERE  There's lots to see!

- There are some fun ideas HERE for using vintage books.

- If you happen to like the idea of a poncho and would like one in a classy design, how about THIS one.

Today the quote is from Barack Obama..."The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something.  Don't wait for good things to happen to you.  If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope"


17 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I love how you've clouded the sky.
    Good quote. Not easy when depressed to do anything, but trying is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - the sky isn't actually 'clouded' - it's just basted currently, waiting to be quilted. I can see why you'd think that though and it's given me an idea that I might explore.

      Delete
  2. I love that quote from Barack Obama. I've listened to two of his audiobooks, usually when I'm doing some kind of long task, like goat-combing or kitchen-shovelling. I always plan to listen just for a short time, but get caught up and keep going. Such an articulate person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an amazing man and a wonderful writer. If you can get a copy of 'To Obama, with love, joy, anger and hope' by Jeanne Marie Laskas I think you'll find it fascinating. Every day the President would be given 10 letters that had arrived at the White House and the book covers his response to them. A real cross-section of America.

      Delete
  3. I like the hollow books. I used to do this as a kid, desperate for a secret hiding place for my writing, to guard it from my sisters. And the bookmarks. And the disguised box. Yes, nice stuff, thank you. I never found the spam you mentioned, so maybe you deleted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! (and re the spam comment....look for the one from 'Career Coaching Services' in my previous post and then read both it and my post and you'll see (I think!) what I mean).

      Delete
    2. Ah, found it. Hm. I'll check whether this person has commented for me, too. It does sound as if it's been lifted, yes.

      Delete
  4. oh goodness... what next? AI comments!! Definitely looks suspicious... I am loving your landscape... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it - I debated about publishing the comment at all, but then I wanted to make mention of the AI aspect that I thought I was picking up on.

      Delete
  5. This piece of yours is so beautiful. I am in awe of your work! And that comment has a certain rote sound to it that would make me suspicious too. I always get one or two that I don't publish. It is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was initially wondering about the address the comment came from and then, when I read it, I was even more suspicious. I generally wouldn't publish it but I thought people might find it interesting to take note of.

      Delete
  6. My goodness-this is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the water looks great - like there's a bit of a breeze..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A breeze - why didn't I think of that?!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous6:13 PM

    I love it. Are you keeping or letting it go. Gord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - funny thing, it seems it's sold. Wonder who bought it?

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.